CEDIA (the Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association) has unveiled the panel for the final judging round of the CEDIA Awards, which sees some new faces join the established panel of technology and design experts.
This year, CEDIA welcomes a number of new judges to the panel, including experienced AV and technology journalists, Simon Lucas and Hannah Bouckley, and Gregory Phillips from award-winning architects Gregory Phillips Architects. Returning this year are CEDIA Award veterans, Inside CI editor, Steve May, Sky’s Technology reporter, Martin Stanford, Michael Holmes, Editor-in-Chief of Homebuilding & Renovating magazine and Dan Hopwood, President Elect of the BIID (British Institute of Interior Design). Kris Hogg, Chair of CEDIA and Director of integration firm, Konnectiv, will oversee the final round of judging.
Kris Hogg said:
“Great custom installation projects demand excellent design and integration of technology alongside an appreciation of and compatibility with the interior, the home and the consumer experience. Our judges are well qualified to assess their relative strengths of the short-listed entries, and make the all-important decision on the winners.”
The closing date for the 2014 CEDIA Award entries is the 22nd April 2014. The results of the judging process will be announced at a ceremony to be held on Friday 11th July 2014 at the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich, London.
The CEDIA Awards 2014 categories are as follows:
- Best Media Room under £15,000 (€18,000)
- Best Media Room over £15,000 (€18,000)
- Best Home Cinema under £40,000 (€48,000)
- Best Home Cinema £40,000 – £100,000 (€48,000 – €120,000)
- Best Home Cinema over £100,000 (€120,000)
- Best Integrated Home under £100,000 (€120,000)
- Best Integrated Home £100,000 – £250,000 (€120,000 – €300,000)
- Best Integrated Home over £250,000 (€300,000)
- Best Lighting Scheme under £25,000 (€30,000) NEW
- Best Lighting Scheme over £25,000 (€30,000) NEW
- Best Yacht Installation
- Best Innovative Solution
- Best Innovative Product NEW
- Best Multiple Scheme for a Property Developer
- Best Dressed Rack
- Best Energy Management Solution
- Best Showroom
- Best Training Initiative by a Trade Supplier
- Best Trade Supplier
- Special Recognition
Multiple categories can be entered using a new and simplified online submissions process. There are no restrictions on the number of projects that CEDIA members can enter and the same project can be put forward for more than one category, providing it meets the required technical criteria. The CEDIA Awards are open only to CEDIA member companies. Entry to the Awards will be kept anonymous to maintain the integrity of the scheme and to deliver honest and unbiased results. More information about the Awards can be found at www.cediaawards.org.