CEDIA (the Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association) has announced the independent panel for the first round of technical judging in the CEDIA Awards 2014.
The panel will be led by Geoff Meads, Managing Director of Presto AV and leading education instructor for CEDIA Region 1, alongside Jeff Gardner, CEDIA’s US Director of Technical Training and Duncan Maidens, a senior lecturer at Birmingham City University’s School of Computing, Telecommunications & Networks.
The judges will review each entry, assessing how it meets the technical criteria with close attention being paid to the industry best practice documentation, before deciding if the project should be short-listed for review by the final judging panel in the CEDIA Awards 2014.
The closing date for the 2014 CEDIA Award entries has been extended to the 22nd April 2014. The eventual winners will be unveiled at a Gala Dinner, taking place on Friday 11thJuly 2014 at the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich, London.
The CEDIA Awards 2014 categories are as follows:
- Best Media Room under £15,000 (€18,000)
- Best Media Room over £15,000 (€18,000)
- Best Home Cinema under £40,000 (€48,000)
- Best Home Cinema £40,000 – £100,000 (€48,000 – €120,000)
- Best Home Cinema over £100,000 (€120,000)
- Best Integrated Home under £100,000 (€120,000)
- Best Integrated Home £100,000 – £250,000 (€120,000 – €300,000)
- Best Integrated Home over £250,000 (€300,000)
- Best Lighting Scheme under £25,000 (€30,000)
- Best Lighting Scheme over £25,000 (€30,000)
- Best Yacht Installation
- Best Innovative Solution
- Best Innovative Product
- Best Multiple Scheme for a Property Developer
- Best Dressed Rack
- Best Energy Management Solution
- Best Showroom
- Best Training Initiative by a Trade Supplier
- Best Trade Supplier
- Special Recognition
Multiple categories can be entered using a new and simplified online submissions process. There are no restrictions on the number of projects that CEDIA members can enter and the same project can be put forward for more than one category, providing it meets the required technical criteria. The CEDIA Awards are open only to CEDIA member companies. Entry to the Awards will be kept anonymous to maintain the integrity of the scheme and to deliver honest and unbiased results.
Please note, the categories for Best Trade Supplier and Special Recognition cannot be entered into. CEDIA automatically enters its Trade Supplier members into this category, where industry members will then be invited to a special online vote, due to take place in May.
CEDIA will select its Special Recognition Award winner by recognising and celebrating the contribution of individuals to the work of CEDIA.
More information about the Awards can be found at www.cediaawards.org.