The winners of the tenth UK Roofing Awards were announced at a ceremony hosted by BBC’s Louise Minchin and NFRC CEO Ray Horwood at the Hilton London Metropole on Friday 15th May 2015.
The winners are:
- Double-lap Slating – Bolton Roofing Contractors Ltd, Eyre Crescent, Edinburgh
- Double-lap Tiling – Karl Terry Roofing Contractors Ltd, New Place, Banstead
- Single-lap Tiling and Slating – Marley Contract Services, Scotia Homes, Aberdeen
- Heritage Roofing – Jordan Heritage Roofing Ltd, Penmaen Cottage, Snowdonia National Park
- Fully Supported Metal Roofing – Norman & Underwood Ltd, Northumberland Observatory, Cambridge
- Roof Sheeting – KGM Roofing, Babraham Campus, Cambridgeshire
- Vertical Cladding/ Rainscreen – Lakesmere Limited, National Graphene Institute, Manchester
- Reinforced Bitumen Membrane – M&J Group Ltd, Neo-Natal Unit, Hammersmith Hospital
- Single Ply Roofing – Briggs Amasco Ltd, Joseph Black Building, Kings Campus, Edinburgh
- Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing – Icopal Ltd (with Mitie Tiley Roofing), Terminal 3 – Heathrow Airport
- Sustainable Roofs (Shingles & Shakes) – Clarke Roofing Southern Ltd, Wadhurst Church Spire, East Sussex
- Sustainable Roofs (Green, Vegetated Roofs) – Organic Roofs, Boathouse, Avon Tyrrell, Hampshire
The Roofing Awards also reward and put the spotlight on the individuals and organisations that go above and beyond the call of duty.
NFRC Health & Safety Champion 2014 went to Pauline Davies of DVC Roofing and Building Limited in Tyne and Wear.
The award for Exceptional Contribution to Training¸ in partnership with CITB, went to Carol Atherton of Avonside Roofing.
The companies that scored highest within their roofing discipline in the NFRC Safety in Roofing Awards for 2014 were, in pitched roofing; Survey & Construction Ltd¸ for flat roofing; Roof-Link Industrial & Commercial Ltd and for industrial roofing and cladding; BRC Industrial Roofing (Midlands) Ltd.
The Lead Sheet Association’s Young Lead Worker of the Year award went to Ryan Fisher¸ a self-employed leadworker from Kent.
The Lead Contractors Association presented the Murdoch Award and Murdoch Sponsor’s Award for best leadwork. The former was won by John Fulton Plumbers for Govan Waterside in Glasgow. The Sponsor’s Award went to D Blake and Co. Ltd for Dumfries House in Scotland.
This was an extra special year for the UK Roofing Awards as it was also the tenth anniversary since it all began in 2006. To mark the occasion two companies received recognition of their roofing excellence throughout the 10 year period and were presented with an Outstanding Achievement in Roofing Award. The two companies show the complete diversity of skills in the industry, working at different ends of the roofing spectrum; the awards went to Lakesmere Limited and Karl Terry Roofing Contractors Ltd.
The Roofing Awards bring everyone within the industry together. Along with NFRC, the awards hosts were the Roof Tile Association (RTA), the Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Association (LRWA), the Lead Contractors Association (LCA), the Lead Sheet Association (LSA), the Federation of Traditional Metal Roofing Contractors (FTMRC), Single Ply Roofing Association (SPRA), the Metal Cladding and Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA), CompetentRoofer, and the Green Roof Centre.
Key partners were B&CE Benefit Schemes and The People’s Pension, CITB, Electrical Contractors Insurance Company (ECIC) and Quality Assured National Warranties (QANW).
Of course the Awards would not take place without the continued support by the sponsors, in particular SIG Roofing who also assists in the continued development of the event.
To all our sponsors we thank them for their continued contributions, this year they were: Associated Lead Mills Ltd, Avonside Group Services, Axter Limited, Carlisle Construction Materials Europe, Cromar Building Products Ltd, Cupa Pizarras S.A, Easy-Trim Roofing and Construction Products Ltd, FOAMGLAS UK, ICB (International Construction Bureau) Ltd, Icopal Ltd, IKO plc, John Brash & Co. Limited, Kingspan Ltd, M&J Group Ltd, Marley Eternit Ltd, Radmat Building Products Ltd, RAM Consultancy Limited, Monier Redland Limited, Renolit Cramlington Ltd, Rockwool, Sika Liquid Plastics, Sika Sarnafil, Sika-Trocal, SOPREMA UK and Triflex (UK) Limited.
You can view this year’s winners and finalists projects at www.nfrc.co.uk/roofing-awards-2015.